Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Conference, Spring Break, and another new job...

I love conference weekend.  I really try hard to sit and listen to all the sessions but with my inability to sit still too long and my three noisy boys I only get to hear a few talks.  I will strive to read the talks. 
I did make a resolution to strive to have more compassion for my family...striving to be more patient with my kids and only use uplift words when I talk to Rock.  Also striving to show more compassion for others.  I set a goal at the beginning of the year to try and serve others more and I need to do that more.  (Pres. Monson talk)
I need to strive to be more grateful.  Grateful even when I am facing a trial.  Everyday I need to strive to have a grateful heart.  If I am more grateful I will be more happy and hopeful.  (Pres. Uchdorft talk)
Elder Bednar talked about the Atonement.  Something that struck me in his talk was the statement of using the atonement to give us the strength to accept our current circumstances or the strength to change our circumstances. 
Rock and I need to figure out if we just accept our circumstance of living in this home, living paycheck to paycheck, no more kids or if we strive to change our circumstances by me going back to school, he working three jobs never home, etc.  We are just not sure right now.
This coming week is spring break.  I am trying to gear up for kids all day long for 7 straight days.  Gunnar and Mack fight most of the time and Huddy wants my attention all the time.  I guess this will be my test as I strive to be more patient with my kids.  I need to let my house be messy once in a while. 
Rock will work with Rhett Robinson doing stone work for a couple weeks, then on April 21st he will train for a week at Mega Diamond from 8-5 Monday-Friday then work for Rhett Monday-Wednesday and Mega Diamond Thurs-Sat nights 4pm to 4am.  I guess if my desire to stay home with my kids is to be accomplished my husband will need to work two jobs and not be home often. 
I survived my kids home all day for a week while they had spring break.  It was nice and went by fast.  I liked not having a schedule to follow everyday.  On Tues. the 8th of April we went swimming with all the cousins (jex, dykell, McCoy, kyson, avery and Thomas) to Lehi pool and then went to my mom's to have pizza.  It was a fun evening.  The whole week the weather was so nice and warm.  I did a lot of yard work.  We had someone come and pull out three bushes, planted flowers and got some outside decorations.  Friday April 11th I took the boys to the Museum of Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point.  It was so cool.  Just wish we could have spent more time there.  Rock's parents came to visit and had dinner with us that night and Gus slept over.  The next day we celebrated Rock's grandpa's 60th birthday.  Grandpa Twitchell.   The over to skeet and heathers for homemade ice cream and Sunday they all came over for brunch before church.  It was nice to be with family. 

1 comment:

Shanie Ellison said...

I sure do love & appreciate all that my sweet wife does for this family:) I love her dearly!