Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day/What is this world coming too?

Rock of course had to work over Labor Day weekend so I took the boys to Bear Lake to stay at my aunt Connie's cabin.  She invited my mom and dad, chub and tracy, and grandma and gary to come.  I left Friday after Mack got out of school to meet up with two of my mission companions at the Logan Temple.  Marianne Noel Lorz and Melanie Nelson Chambers.  They both have kids and are kids played at the temple for a while.  It was fun to see them again.  I haven't seen them in a long time.  The kids and I stayed at Connie's house in Logan that night with Katye and her kids.  We left for Bear Lake the next morning.  Had breakfast at the cabin, went on a bike ride that was so fun.  Fitting 7 people on a bike and then rode the one seaters.  The weather was windy and cold but we headed to the beach.  The boys loved it and Connie rented a paddle boat that the boys were having so much fun on.  Wish we could of stayed at the beach longer.  Took Mack and Gunnar to the Rodeo that night and they lasted a couple hours.  It got cold and they were so tired.  
Woke up Sunday morning and went to church and then swimming at Chub and Tracy's condo.  Left for home.  It is hard to go on vacation with little kids alone without Rock.  I am just trying to make family memories and how important spending time with family is.  
Monday we started putting a wood floor in our entry way.  It is taking longer than I thought.  We are on day three and we thought it would be done in a day.  I hate having all the stuff from the front entry in my room and living room.  It just makes it hard.  And we ended up spending a lot of money to finish it sand it and buy base boards.  So 350 dollars later hopefully we have a new floor.  We can't afford it but what can we afford.  Rock had to get a new battery for Rock's car so more money that we don't have.  I am at a loss as to how to be self sufficient, stay out of debt and keep a household running with groceries, bills paid, and trying to make a home more livable and keep up?  Maintenance on things, etc.  I am at a complete loss.  I feel I am losing my testimony and my desire to keep praying and trying.  
I also have worries about the future of this world.  I love my kids so much and I worry about the world they live in.  Our government, crime, jobs, etc.  I want to live in a bubble and not know what is going on and yet I feel I need to know to help prepare myself and my family.  

No comments: