Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August Recap and start of school

Pictures of the year are put in a scrap book so this blog is my journal.  August-a busy month.  Rock is busy with work picking up hours at Mega Diamond and for the past two weeks been painting for a friend Scott Brockbank.  Last week he worked every night Monday-Saturday.  I am so grateful for a father and husband willing to work hard to provide for our family and one who never loses faith, even when working so hard and not getting a break.
Mack and Gunnar are playing soccer and start playing every Tuesday and Saturdays until the end of Sept.  So four days a week we will be at soccer, between practice and games.
On August 6th we had baby shower of Lyndee and her new baby Tylee.  On Friday-Sunday August 8th-10th we had an Ellison family reunion at Camp Shalom in Fairview Canyon-Girl's Camp.  It was so much fun.  We did a service project fixing a bridge, ate good food, took pictures and my kids loved playing with cousins and getting to meet new family members.  My boys just love to camp.
August 10th was Hudson's second birthday so we opened presents on his birthday and had a little family party for him the next day.
Mack had to go to school on Monday the 11th and Wednesday the 13th to get use to his Chinese Immersion class he will be taking.  He had to go from 12:30 until 3:00.  He seems excited to be in Chinese.  I am a little nervous about it.
Tuesday the 12th we went to Black Ridge Reservoir in Herriman with Cally and Katye and kids and Katye's friend and her kids.  It is awesome with beach sand and water to play in.  We went on Aug. 5th also and wanted to go back to show Cally.
Saturday August 16th we went out to Soap Stone by Kamas to camp for the day.  Grandma-pa Carter and Loveless's were already up there so we hauled the four wheelers and made a day of it.  Again my boys love to camp and ride the four wheelers.
Monday was a busy day getting ready for school.  Haircuts, shopping for socks and shoes, and last summer swimming in Provo with Tege.
Tuesday August 19th was the first day of school for Mack.  I can't believe he is in first grade.  What a morning.  Mack was up at 6 am ready to go by 6:30 and asking when it was time to go every 10 minutes and worried about being late.  Gunnar an hour after he was in school was asking when Mack would be home and Hudson and him were fighting all morning.
I am excited for Mack to go to school and also anxious as I want him to be influenced by me and not the world.   I know I can't control all that goes on I just don't want my kids to grow up.  This stage of life is really hard but I love that I am the most influence they have and can control things.
I am starting back to work this week.  Working Tuesday cleaning, Wednesday Volleyball, and Thursday cleaning again.  I will work Wednesday nights and Saturday afternoons.  I am also going to babysit again for a lady in the ward Monday and Friday mornings for a few hours.  
Where did the summer go?  Last week at the beginning of the week I was sad it was almost over but by the time the week was over I was ready to get back into a routine and done with my kids fighting all the time.  I think they are ready for a routine also.

No comments: