Monday, April 13, 2015

October 2014

Recap of October 2014
Jamie came to Utah and spent the night graciously offering to watch my boys so Rock and I could go overnight for our anniversary.  Because of Rock's work schedule working Thursday - Saturday nights (3:30 pm-4:30am) we had to go on Monday the 13-Tuesday 14.  We left Monday afternoon around 3pm and our first top was Scheels sporting good store.  Bought Gunnar a new baseball mitt.  Then we went and visited with Brent and Mary and to see their new baby Tomasi.  He was born on Oct. 7th and I am so thrille? for them.  After 8 long years and tragedy of losing one of the twins he is here, healthy and making Mary and Brent so happy!!  We then ate at Rock's favorite restaurant David's Kitchen and then off to Park City for the night.  It was so nice to sleep in and have a peaceful night with no interruptions.   The next day we shopped a little, watched the movie "Meet the Mormon's" and then back home.  I love it when my kids are happy to see me.  They had a blast with Nana carving pumpkins, going on walks, pick out toys at the Dollar Store and eating candy.  That night we all went to Drigg's and Kai's football games.
Gunnar's birthday was the next day (15th) and he is turning 5 years old which I can't believe.  He wanted to go bowling so we took his friend Tege with us and went bowling.  He said it was the best day ever!!
Fall Break was the 16th-20th and I was worried about the kids being home all day for 5 straight days. Saturday we hiked up Battle Creek trail in PG with my mom, Kyson, Jex and McCoy.  It was beautiful.  Friday night we went swimming at the Legacy Center.
Monday the 20th we had a family party for Gunnar.  Skeet and his Fam, Katye, Cally and Steve fam all came over and he got lots of new clothes.  He pick out a battle ship cake from Walmart and ice cream.
I can't believe Gunnar is now 5 years old.  He has a very tender heart but at the same time can be so stubborn.  We recently signed him up for wrestling and he has pratice every Tuesday and Thursday nights.  He loves it and will have his first tournament on Sat. Nov. 15th.  He is very excited!! While Gunnar does wrestling Mack is playing Jr. Jazz basketball in Lehi.  He has practices and games Saturday mornings.  He loves to play.  But I think the most favorite thing he loves to do is play with his friend Tege.  Tege, Mack and Gunnar play for hours after school.  Mack still amazes me with hi learning of Chinese in school.
Rock has been blessed with lots of overtime hours and has had a couple concrete jobs on the side which has been a huge help for us financially.  He is very hard worker and does concrete really well.   I think or am hoping in the future that he will be able to have his own business in concrete someday.
That may be wishful thinking as these days I have lost my gusto for being hopeful.
Rock did get hired on at Mega Diamond on Oct. 28th and got a dollar raise.  That same day I got in a car accident at 1200 West and 800 North in Orem.  I ran a red light and hit a truck turning left while I was going straight to get onto the highway.  I car was totaled.  I sat in the car after it happened in complete shock bleeding and listening to my kids cry.  I didn't know what to do.  I just sat there shocked and confused.  I have never been in an accident before.  It scared me but I was so thankful that my kids were okay.  There was so many nice people who helped us out and game cookies to my kids and the paramedics gave Gunnar and Hudson some cute bears.  A lady called Rock and he came and took care of all the insurance stuff for me.  I am so grateful for him.  So began our search for a new car.  I loved my car and did not want another car.  That car was paid for.  Skeet and Heather let us borrow their Malibu for a couple of weeks until we found something.  I will get to our already car troubles in a minute.  Dealing with the insurance company has been okay and we got more money then we thought.  But it was a long process to get our money to look for a new car.  We have never had to deal with this before.
Halloween was fun.  Hudson was a green monster, Gunnar a Wolverine, and Mack a transformer.  Mack has his Halloween parade at school at 945 am and then off to see Gunnar's Preschool program at 1115.  I had to haul the Kellems kids who I tend on Monday and Friday mornings to both programs.  Not easy with no car.  We started trick or treating around 530 with Tege and Audrey from the neighborhood and Melisa.
Around 8:30 pm Halloween night we headed up to Sundance to stay at Heather's friends cabin for a couple of nights.  /The cabin was so nice.  We didn't get there until after 9pm so we set up beds, watched a movie and went to bed.  Saturday morning I ran to Lehi with Mack to watch his Jr. Jazz game.  Came back to the cabin and we headed outside for an hour.  Then the weather turned rainy and cold.  It rained hard and a few times started to snow.  Luckily Halloween the weather was sunny and warm.  We stayed in the cabin and played games.  Heather and Skeets friends the Chrismans and Amy and Chuck and their kids came also and Heathers sister Holli who has cancer and Heathers mom.  Sunday we woke up cleaned up and headed home to church.  It was a fun weekend.
Thursday Nov 6th we purchased our new car.  A 2011 GMC Acadia.  It is nice with lots of room.  I am a little nervous about having a car payment now.  AAHH.  Well as fate would have it our car broke down as I was taking Mack to school Tuesday morning.  So now it has been in the shop for a week an a half needed to get a new engine.  Oh the joys of cars, buying a car, and getting it fixed.
Saturday Nov. 8th we celebrated my Grandma Backus' 80th birthday.  The boys and I rode with Katye down to Spring City to have dinner and hang with family and celebrate 80 years and share memories.
Cookie Jar
Wendy's for our birthday
raking the living room
$2 for Christmas
gritting our teeth
dresses for Christmas

Some of my memories.  She sure doesn't look or act 80 years old.  I hope I age like her.
Gunnar has his first wrestling tournament on Nov 15th at Orem High School.  He did great winning 2 out of 3 matches.
My dad came this week Nov18, 19, 20th to help us paint our entry way.  It is nice.  It is a lot of work and time to get this house nice and repairs fixed.


No comments: