Monday, June 30, 2014

June 2014

My sisters, mom and I went to Denver to visit my dad the first weekend in June (6-10).  We arrived at the airport Friday night around 6pm only to find out our flight to Colorado Springs had been cancelled.  We tried to get on another flight but ended up at a hotel by the airport and caught a flight the next morning to Denver.
We arrived in Denver around 11am where mom and dad were there to pick us up.  We went to the outlets to do some shopping in Denver.  We ate at Black Pea restaurant and then drove to Pueblo, Colorado to see where my dad lives and works.  We called our hotel to make sure we still had reservation only to find out my mom had booked it for two adults only and there was only a king size bed so we had to call around and get another hotel for Lyndee and I.  Cally and Katye stayed in Best Western and we stayed at the Ramada.  Met up Sunday morning and went to Bishop's Castle.  This crazy guys (who is against the government) built this huge castle out of wire and stone.  He is really quite brilliant in his construction of his castle just crazy on his views of life and government.
We had lunch at my dad's favorite restaurant Shamrock where he loves to get their homemade mac and cheese.  I had fish and chips and it was good.  After lunch we walk the River Walk which was nice and relaxing.  Got some ice cream and then went back to the hotel to chill.  Monday we woke up, drove towards Denver and visited the Garden of the Gods and Manitoe Springs, ate at the Italian restaurant Maggiano's, so good and lots of food, and then off to the Colorado Rockies baseball game.  I was cheering for the Braves while the rest of the family was cheering for the Rockies.  The Braves won 3 to 2.  Flew out Tuesday morning at 11am and got home around 3pm.  Missed my family but as i got home the house was a disaster and the downstairs freezer had been off for a few days so their was meat blood everywhere.  It took me 3 hours to try and get most of it cleaned up.  Meat blood had gotten in my carpet and all over the floor.  The next day as I was getting ready for work and swarm of bees who love the smell of meat swarmed our house and downstairs so we had to call an exterminator.  Thursday June 12th Rock noticed that they didn't pay him for his overtime hours he put in the week before at Mega Diamond.  So we spent most of the day trying to short that out.  I am so tired of living pay check to pay check. Working our butts off trying to do what is right only to get shafted all the time.  I am getting frustrated that my prayers are not being answered yet I strive to still pray and pay tithing but I have no heart in it.
Father's Day we spend with Skeet and his family up Hobble Creek and the car would not start after we got home from church.  Just add another thing that we need to put on the credit card to add up our credit we owe.  Trying so hard to stay out of debt only to be back in debt because you can't make enough money no matter how hard you try.

Tuesday June 17th I left for the week long Girl's Camp.  Our Stake goes to Camp Shalom in Fairview Canyon.  Rock's grandpa PJ ran camp shalom for 20 years when Rock was young and Rock has shared with me some of his fun memories spent there in the summer.  Camp is exhausting as a leader.  But I love serving with the youth and Sister Kelley and Warner put a lot of time and great preparation for camp.  Many spiritual experience hopefully these young women will remember.  My boys were taken care of and it is so nice to have wonderful family and friends to help while I am gone.  They got to play with Lucy and Jack Stephenson, cousins and sleep over at my mom's.  I came home Saturday morning the 21st exhausted but sad it was over.  I want to take my family up in the mountains with no TV, phones, bill, or jobs.  Just feel the spirit that is there.

The week of June 23-29th we made some wonderful memories spending time around Utah County.  Tuesday we took the kids fishing up AF Canyon.  What an adventure.  We started up a dirt road that took us no where and just me whining and being a so angry.  We ended up fishing at Timble Fork and Mack was the only one that caught a fish.  A small one that we had to throw back.  After a couple hours Hudson got restless and so did Gunnar.  They are still learning patience and wanted to reel in their poles every 10 minutes.
Saturday June 28th the boys and I had a great night.  While Rock was at work I took the boys to visit the new remodeled Bean Museum at BYU, then feed the ducks, and lastly had ice cream.  The boys were so good and fun.  It was a great evening.
We have decided to put Mack and Gunnar in soccer this fall and spring and skip gymnastics for a couple of months to help save money and give Mack a break.  It was hard for him the last months to go.  I had a hard time letting him quit because he is so good at it but we need to save money and soccer for my boys will be free since I am volunteering to help put rosters together.  Will save us some money.

No comments: